Defensive Tactics Training by Professional Instructors
The role of Peak’s Defensive Tactics in Law Enforcement/Security is to assist the officer in the performance of arrest and restraint, to increase the margin of safety to both the officer and the subject, and reduce liability to the professional from excessive force allegations. This is achieved by teaching officers techniques that utilize leverage and control (not punching and kicking) and are designed to be extremely effective without causing any major injuries to the subject.
The Peak Defensive Tactics program breaks down and analyses the potential attack from both the officer and the subjects’ point of view to ensure the professional clearly understands what is needed to survive.
WE UNDERSTAND THAT IN ORDER FOR THE SUBJECT TO BE SUCCESSFUL HE MUST:
1. Execute a surprise attack (to catch the officer off guard and unprepared)
2. Overwhelm with violent behavior (to ensure the officer cannot draw any of his/her weapons)
3. Incapacitate the officer (to ensure escape is possible)
WE ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT IF THE OFFICER IS TO BE SUCCESSFUL WHEN ATTACKED HE/SHE MUST:
1. Neutralize the immediate threat first (via positioning, timing, leverage, and control)
2. Retain weapons (while remaining acutely aware of secondary threats)
3. Establish a safe reactionary gap (to give verbal commands and draw an appropriate weapon)
Our Defensive Tactics program is a highly effective program which allows Law Enforcement and Security Personnel to safely control the most combative of suspects. The program instructs professionals on some of the most modern, most realistic and most effective techniques for Law Enforcement/Security Officers’.
TECHNIQUES FOUND IN THE DEFENSIVE TACTICS PROGRAM ARE:
- Gross-motor skills based
- Easily remembered under high stress
- Effective regardless of officer’s physical limitations
- Applicable while wearing complete duty gear and in all environments
- Based on reflex and natural body responses to threat
- Courtroom defensible and follow the use of force continuum
- Tactically sound and proven in real-world situations
- Developed with a focus on improving future performance
- Our courses are both mentally and physically challenging and there’s an emphasis on ensuring tactical recall, even during stressful, variable and ever-changing conditions.
The entire Defensive Tactics program – from the techniques we teach to our course structure – is designed with officer safety and survival as the number-one priority. As most agencies only provide a small amount of time for physical defensive tactics training to their officers each year, the Defensive Tactics program is designed so that each level can be completed in just 1 day. Call us today for more information.